Getting the V-shape requires a good foundation. Your back serves as a foundation for your front. Meaning: if you want to grow a big chest, get those lats pumped up. This workout will get you an idea of the back exercises available and can maybe inspire your own workouts. Or you could just follow this workout if you go to the gym frequently.
Upper/lower-body time: 45-60 mins
- Deadlifts: 3 sets 8 reps. The deadlift targets a lot of muscles, mostly the legs and lower back region, meaning this exercise is a perfect starter exercise as it gets you pumped for the next exercises.
- Lat pulldown(wide grip): 3 sets 10-15reps. As I said in the intro, lats are a really big part of getting that V-shape. So they can’t be left out of any back exercise.
- Standing T-bar row: 3 sets 8 reps. Make sure your form is correct with this one as it can really mess your back up. Find a spot at a mirror
- Dumbell row: 3 sets of 15 reps. Therefore, I recommend lower weight on this one as the exercise before was a similar movement.
- Back extension/hyperextension: 3 sets of 20 reps. You can up weight by holding plates close to your chest
- Pull-Ups: 4 sets of 10 reps. If you don’t make 10 do what you can make.
What is your favorite back exercise? Let me know in the comments!
Have a good one!!