A Quick Upper Body Workout for Muscle Gain
Trying to gain muscle but don’t have much time? Here’s a quick upper-body workout for muscle gain. I’m a college student as well and get how time is scarce and it’s only going to get worse from here on. This workout requires a dumbbell a barbell and a bench rack with configurable weights so if you don’t have access to those check out our follow up on upper body workouts without equipment.
As you have probably seen from the title this workout targets your upper body, meaning it’s better to pair it with a lower body workout. Let’s get right into the quick upper body workout for muscle gain
Quick Upper Body Workout
- The Benchpress, 4 sets of 6 reps. Targeting the greater part of the chest, so very crucial for upper body training.
- The Barbell Curl, 3 sets of 8 reps. Biceps are a very important part of the overall look and strength of your body. Don’t skip these!
- Barbell Rows, 3 sets of 8 reps. The rows target your rear back and give you the real-estate to create a big chest and overall big look.
- Seated tricep Extension, 3 sets of 8 reps. The first tricep exercise this workout, pro tip: use small dumbbells(not light by any means)
- Bench Dips, 3 sets 8 reps. Really low resource exercise, you only need a bench! I’d say do 20 right now.
- Deadlifts, 4 sets 6 reps. Let’s close off with a nice compound exercise. Pump out your last bit of energy to make sure you feel accomplished after the workout
That’s it for today. Thanks for reading this ”a quick upper body workout for muscle gain.” If you liked it leave a reply and share it! Feel free to ask us anything on Twitter. We’d love to hear from you.