This will be the first workout of my new routine, mainly focussing on the upper body. This workout will require minimal equipment so you could do this one at home with some dumbells and a bench/squat rack. Make sure you push through with home workouts as you’ll get distracted easily by PC’s, phones, TV’s. Take your time and warm-up before every exercise.
Upper body time: 45 mins
- Benchpress: 3 sets 8 reps. Compound movements are the most important if you’ve got limited resources make sure you get them in your regime.
- Dumbell curl: 3 sets of 15 reps. Use medium weight on this one. More arm exercises are coming so don’t wreck them already.
- Tricep extensions (dumbells): 3 sets of 15 reps.
- Weighted dips: 3 sets 8 reps. You could do this one with a bench and some plates on your lap.
- Barbell curl: 3 sets 8 reps. Use high weight and destroy those bi’s
- Shoulder Press (dumbells): 3 sets of 10 reps. It feels so satisfying putting the weights down after this exercise. I would do this exercise too if the satisfying end is the only good thing it brings.
- Pull-ups: 3 sets of as much as you can do.
- Push-ups (optional): 3 sets 10 reps. This one is optional as time is sometimes scarce, but I do recommend you try to fit it in.
That’s it for workout A. Let me know what you think! And as always, have a good one!