This is the last part of the weekly workout series I’m currently doing. This workout is focussed on legs and abs. Legs are for me the worst thing to train, it just get’s boring so fast. I don’t know why but I just hate it, but hey! Never skip leg day…
Lower body, legs and abs time: roughly 70 mins
- Barbell squat: 3 sets of 8 reps, try warming up with this one as warming up reduces the muscle ache the day after.
- straight leg deadlift: 3 sets 10 reps. This exercise really emphasizes on the hamstrings. Watch your form though as a bulged back will ruin the whole exercise.
- Leg press: 3 sets and again 8 reps. not much about just don’t tear your quads, the leg press is a scary machine.
- Calf press: 3 sets 12 reps. You can do this exercise on the leg press machine, you’ll just need to use the front part of your feet to press and then push your ankles instead of your quads. Abs ( you can fill this in how you want)
- Leg raise: 4 sets of 20.
- Crunches: 4 sets of 20.
- Sit-ups: 4 sets of 25.
- Dumbbell side bends: 3 sets of 20 reps.
- Weight plate ab twist: 3 sets of 20 reps.
- Plank: try for as long as you can.