For those not interested in combined workouts, we’ve got you covered. Just as with our recent arms workout, I recommend you do full body workouts if your goal is gaining muscle. Maybe you’re just here for inspiration for your own workout. That’s exactly what we’re posting for. For warming up, I recommend you get an empty barbell and do a normal benchpress for 20 reps and then start your workout.
Remember to leave a comment if this post helped you or if you disagree with some of my points on chest exercise.
Upper body, Chest time: 45 mins
- Benchpress: 3 sets 5 reps. This one will get you started up and ready for the rest of the workout.
- Inclined Benchpress: 3 sets of 8 reps. Keep your weight low on this one as you just did benchpresses, failing a benchpress or inclined benchpress could result in serious damage.
- Cable flies: 3 sets 10 reps. If you’re not at a gym like me and don’t have access to a cable machine you could swap this one for dumbell flies.
- Pec decks: 3 sets 10 reps. Try to do negative reps, this meaning you hold the bars of the machine still for a small amount of time (3 seconds or less) at the hardest part of the exercise.
- Push-ups: 3 sets 12 reps. This one is the last one for the day, so get every little bit of energy out so you can go home with that awesome feeling of having worked out today!
Have fun working out!