WORKOUT: BACK AND BICEPS
This will be part 2 of my 3 part weekly workout. Right now I’m kind of busy but more is to come obviously. This workout is purely based on getting the real estate for building a big chest, that’s one of my fitness goals for the coming couple of months, pumping up the chest. What this workout allows for is getting you a better base to work with, many people underestimate how important your back really is for getting big. The bicep part is purely for a more rounded workout feel and more strength in the arms. Again 1-minute rest between sets and try to do burning sets (half the weight 2 times the number of reps) when you’re done with an exercise. Warm up sets are also a good idea.
Upper body, Back and biceps time: roughly 60 mins
- Wide grip lat pulldown: 3 sets of 10 reps, try really squishing the force out of your lats with this one.
- Close grip lat pulldown: 3 sets of 12 reps, this exercise is a good transition between back and biceps as the lats are engaged and the arms are pulling down pumping up those bis. This exercise can be done on the same machine
- Cable seated row: 4 sets of 10 reps. Rows are key to getting a strong back. With rows, I like to just freestyle and begin on low weight adding 5Kg (like 10lbs) every set.
- Barbell deadlift: 3 sets 8 reps. Oh man, Oh man.. form. That’s all I have to say about this one. Keep that back straight or your gonna regret living the day after. Don’t get intimidated by the big guys lifting 100Kg, start slow and go heavier every 2 weeks.
- Barbell curl: 3 sets 10 reps. This is another bicep exercise you can do right after you’re done deadlifting, it’s a great bicep pumper and convenient as you already claimed the bar.
- Dumbell curl: 3 sets 5 reps, get some very heavy dumbells for this one as you’ve already done the barbell curl, doing normal weight would be just a slight extension on the barbell curls.
- Cable curls: 3 sets of 10 reps, nothing much to say about this one just don’t hit your self in the head when curling.
- Row machine: 3 sets 12,10,8 reps, you’re going to be progressing with weights in this one, adding 10Kg every set. This results in fewer reps obviously but it really helps to get you tired and done for the day.